Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Turkey 2.0

With visions of crusty bread and snowy Saturdays dancing in my head, I packed two containers of soup into the freezer.  There was still enough soup leftover to fill a quart container, so my husband ate some late last night when he got home, and my daughter and I will eat some for lunch today. 

I have a lot more turkey to eat. 

For dinner last night I made Lemon Turkey.  This dish is usually prepared with chicken, and tastes just like you ordered it off a Chinese restaurant menu. 

My recipe calls for Lemon Curd, which is like a jelly but creamier.  I can usually find it jarred in the baking aisle of the grocery store, near the canned fruit pie filling.  Last night I made only enough Lemon Turkey for one, but doubled the recipe here.

Lemon Turkey

1lb cooked turkey breast, sliced into strips*
1/4 cup lemon curd
2 T apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 scallions, chopped
zest of one lemon

1. Place meat into a pan on medium heat to warm through
*If you are using raw chicken or turkey, slice it into bite-sized pieces, dredge them in flour, and cook them through first

2. Combine curd, vinegar, broth, in a bowl. Pour over meat.



3. Simmer until the sauce thickens.

4. Stir in the scallions.

5. Garnish with lemon zest, serve with broccoli and rice.



And here is how much I have left to eat, with a fork for scale...


Yeah, it's a lot.  I'll let you know tomorrow what I do with it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment